Summer Lawn Concerts 2021
Sunday Evenings, 5-7 pm
August 1: Kinderhook – Country & Folk Rock
*Weather Update: Concert featuring Kinderhook has been cancelled for today due to inclement weather. Reschedule date TBD/TBA
August 8: NaBodach – Scottish Celtic Songs
August 15: Rave On – Buddy Holly / Roy Orbison Tribute
August 22: Cirotti and Company – Americana Roots
August 29: Rupert & Scheetz Feat. Vanessa Viscomi – Original County & Bluegrass
September 5: Paddy and the Pale Boys – Irish Pub Music
Bring blankets, lawn chairs, friends, a non-alcoholic, non-tobacco picnic, and your best easy goin’, relaxin’, toe-tappin’ mood.
The Manor lawn is reasonably accessible. The Belvidere Ave parking lot has limited accessible parking. Port-a-johns on site.
Concerts presented by Warren County Cultural & Heritage Affairs, a division of the Department of Land Preservation, supported by the Warren County Board of County Commissioners, and funded in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts.
For further information, contact Dennis Austin at (908) 453-4381, x. 224.
Individuals preferring speech or hearing assistance may call the relay service at 711.
Shippen Manor Museum
1st & 2nd Sundays (April to December)
The museum interior is not currently open to the public. Openings will be announced on Facebook (Shippen Manor) and on this page when it opens to the public.
When it does reopen, we will update this page and our Facebook (Shippen Manor).
- Sun., Aug 1 (11-4pm): Civil War Encampment with the 27th NJ Reg’t (lower drive), no tours of the Manor
- Weather announcement: The reenactment is still planned as scheduled. We will update Facebook (see our “Shippen Manor News” page) in case of thunderstorms. We are planning two firing demonstrations at 1 and 3pm that are dependent upon the weather. The museum remains closed to the public, but if the weather holds out, one of our docents will be on the museum entrance porch (upper driveway) to speak with visitors about the history of the Manor.
- Sun., Aug 8 (1-4pm): Museum is closed today
- Sun., Sept. 5 (1-4pm): Denis Sullivan, Local Historian, “Washington & Consumer Affairs” (2-3pm, lower level porch); tours of interior of Manor TBD
- Sun., Sept 12 (11-4pm): 2nd NJ American Revolutionary War Reenactment; tours of interior of Manor TBD
- Sun., Oct. 3 (1-4pm): Scott Lance, reenactor, 18th c. carpentry and joiner demo (1-4pm, lower drive); tours of interior of Manor TBD
- Sun., Oct 10 (1-4pm): Tours of interior of Manor TBD
- Special event weekend (TBD)
- Sun., Nov. 14 (11-4pm): Civil War Winter Encampment with the 27th NJ Reg’t (lower drive); tours of interior of Manor TBD
- Sun., Dec 5 (1, 2 and 3pm): Guided Victorian Candlelight Christmas Tours (TBD, reservations only)
- Sun., Dec 12 (1, 2, and 3pm): Guided Victorian Candlelight Christmas Tours (TBD, reservations only)
Cancellations will be posted on Facebook (@ShippenManor) as well.
Admission is free to the Manor. This is a family-friendly historic site. Limited accessible parking available on site. Off-site parking on Washington Avenue (by church) and municipal lot off Wall Street (Wall to Allen). Please exercise caution when crossing the road to the Manor.
As per Warren County Parks Regulations, Certified service animals are permitted to enter the museum with their handlers. Other pets are not permitted inside of the museum.
The Shippen Manor and Oxford Furnace historic sites are part of the Warren County Parks System and are an alcohol, drug and tobacco-free site.