Shippen Manor Museum
1st & 2nd Sundays (April to December)
Due to Covid restrictions and limitations of our site, our museum interior is not currently open to the public.
Openings will be announced on Facebook (Shippen Manor) and on this page when it opens to the public.
When it does reopen, we will update this page, warren200.com (the new website!) and our Facebook (Shippen Manor).
- Sun., Sept 12 (11-4pm): 2nd NJ American Revolutionary War Reenactment– Our docents will be giving “Porch Tours” on the museum porches (along the upper driveway). The 2nd NJ will be located on the lower driveway and hillside. There will be something for everyone! Firing demonstrations will be at 1 and 3pm. (Updated)
Note: We do have some damage to our driveway as a result of T.S. Ida. Please exercise caution when walking (cones are positioned in the worst spots and a sign to mark the section that’s damaged). There is a porta-john by the back parking. See below for parking information. Can can’t wait to see you!
- Sun., Oct. 3 (1-4pm): Scott Lance, reenactor, 18th c. carpentry and joiner demo (1-4pm, lower drive); “Porch Tours” of the Manor (museum entrances along upper drive & possibly lower porch). This event will be cancelled in case of inclement weather. Please check back for updates for this event.
- Sun., Oct 10: TBD
- Sun., Nov 7: TBD
- Sun., Nov. 14 (11-4pm): Civil War Winter Encampment with the 27th NJ Reg’t (lower drive); tours of interior of Manor TBD–please check back for updates
- Sun., Dec 5 (1, 2 and 3pm): Guided Victorian Candlelight Christmas Tours (TBD, reservations only)– please check back for updates
- Sun., Dec 12 (1, 2, and 3pm): Guided Victorian Candlelight Christmas Tours (TBD, reservations only)–please check back for updates
Parking information: Shippen Manor has limited parking spots on site and those are reserved for (handicap) accessible vehicles. Everyone else is invited to park on Washington Avenue in town (past the Church, not at the bottom of the hill from the Manor) as well as the municipal lot accessible off Wall Street to Allen Avenue. Please do not block or park in residents’ driveways, and adhere to all town parking signs and ordinances and use caution while crossing the street to our site.
Note: For those blocking driveways or parking in locations not allowable, please be informed that you will be ticketed by the Washington Twp. Police. This includes the part of Washington Avenue by the stage.
Cancellations will be posted on Facebook (@ShippenManor) as well.
Admission is free to the Manor. This is a family-friendly historic site. Limited accessible parking available on site. Off-site parking on Washington Avenue (by church) and municipal lot off Wall Street (Wall to Allen). Please exercise caution when crossing the road to the Manor.
As per Warren County Parks Regulations, Certified service animals are permitted to enter the museum with their handlers. Other pets are not permitted inside of the museum.
The Shippen Manor and Oxford Furnace historic sites are part of the Warren County Parks System and are an alcohol, drug and tobacco-free site.