Summer Lawn Concerts Updates
All June to August lawn concerts at Shippen have been cancelled. September (Labor Day weekend) is pending. Updates will be posted here once openings have been approved.
Historic Shippen Manor 2020 Season
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, the museum is closed to the public at this time. Please check back regarding future dates and events.
Mueum is open the 1st and 2nd Sundays of the month from April until December (1 o 4 pm), except for days with special events. Admission is always free.
Updates and cancellations will be posted as warrenparks.com/wcchc and also on our Facebook (@ShippenManor).
PRE-SEASON: SUN., MARCH 29TH
This Pre-Season Special Event Has Been Postponed Until Sunday, October 11th. On Sun., March 29th at 2pm, “Jersey Girls and the Women’s Suffrage Movement” was postponed tentatively for October. Please check back for updates.
SUN., 4/5: OPEN HOUSE ON OPENINGDAY.This event is cancelled due to Covid-19. SUN., 4/12: MUSEUM CLOSED (EASTER)
- SUN., 5/3: CIVIL WAR DAY with the 27TH NJ REG’T & SURGICAL UNIT
This event has been cancelled due to Covid-19. The 27th NJ (Civil War) will be visiting with us Sun., Nov. 8th for their winter encampment. Please check back to confirm.
- SUN., 5/10 (1-4pm): MOTHER’S DAY AT THE MANOR
This event has been cancelled due to Covid-19.
- SUN., 6/7: AMERICAN REVOLUTION DAY with the 2nd NJ HELMS CO. (11a-4pm): This event has been cancelled due to the ongoing Covid crisis. The 2nd NJ will be visiting with us Sun., Sept. 13th. Please check back to confirm.
- SUN., 6/14: FLAG DAY AT THE MANOR!:This event has been cancelled due to the ongoing Covid crisis.
SUN., 7/5: CELEBRATING THE FOURTH AT THE MANOR (11a-4pm):We have a special Facebook Live scheduled for 1230pm on Sunday, 7/5! (It will also post at on the warrenparks.com website (follow this link). SUN., 7/12: DEMONSTRATION: CRAFTSMANSHIP (1-4pm):CANCELLED
SUN., 8/2: LOCAL HISTORY TALK: Christine Beegle, Blairstown Historical Society, will give a talk about John I. Blair, founder of Blairstown, philanthropist, railroad tycoon and relative of the Shippens.This will be rescheduled or be converted to a video presentation (7/31/2020– completed). SUN., 8/9: LOCAL HISTORY TALK: Jeremiah Apgar, Washington Borough Historical Society, will give a talk about the organ & piano manufacturing history of Washington.POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 SEASON.
- SUN., 9/6: LOCAL HISTORY TALK:
Denis G. Sullivan, local historian, will give a talk about 19th c. industries in Oxford, specifically about the Oxford Iron & Nail Company, in addition to labor conditions in the 1880s in honor of Labor Day. Museum tours of the main level are from 1-4pm. This will be converted into a video presentation (#ShippenTalks). [2 parts on 9/5/2020] Click link
- SUN., 9/13: AMERICAN REVOLUTION DAY with the 2nd NJ HELMS CO. (11a-4pm):
Visit with the men, women and children of the 2nd NJ Regiment, Helms Company. Schedule of events TBA, so stay tuned! During firing demos, the Manor will pause tours. All visitors are invited to join the 2nd NJ on the lower level front porch of the Manor. Tours will resume after demos end. On-street parking for this event. Handicap accessible parking (limited space).This is cancelled for on-site but will post a video presentation online. Date: TBA.
- SUN., 10/4: LOCAL HISTORY TALK:
Bob Gara will be giving a talk about the Lenape in our area from 2-330pm in the lower level workers’ dining hall of Shippen Manor. Museum tours of the main level are from 1-4pm. Bob Brandt from Millbrook Village is rescheduled to demonstrate how a skilled craftsperson would repair women seat chairs in the early 19th c. He will be on the lower level porch from 1-4pm.POSTPONED UNTIL THE 2021 SEASON.
- SUN., 10/11:
Rescheduled Program: “Jersey Girls and the Women’s Suffrage Movement” will begin at 2pm in the lower level workers’ dining hall of Shippen Manor. This is accessible from the lower driveway and through the front door facing Route 31. This room is not ADA accessible at this time.CANCELLED. Jan Hunold will present, “Jersey Girls in the Women’s Suffrage Movement” in honor of the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment. Q&A following presentation. Admission is free, but seating is limited and reservations are required. Doors to the lower level dining hall will open for the presentation at 1:30 pm. Please call the Warren County Cultural & Heritage Affairs office at Shippen to reserve seating: 908-453-4381. Reservations are limited to 5 seats per caller. Reservations will close at 4pm on Thurs., 10/8 at 4pm. No food or drink permitted in the museum.CANCELLED.
SUN., 11/1: 2ND ANNUAL HARVEST CRAFTS WITH KIDS on the lower level porch of the Manor from 1-3pm. This is a free event for children ages pre-k to 8th grade. Museum tours of the main level are from 1-4pm. CANCELLED.
- SUN., 11/8: CIVIL WAR DAY with the 27TH NJ REG’T & SURGICAL UNIT WINTER ENCAMPMENT (11a-4pm): Visit with the men of the 27th Regiment at their spring encampment at Shippen. There will be two firing demos at 1 & 3pm (30 min each). During the demos, the Manor will pause tours. All visitors are invited to join the 27th on the lower level front porch of the Manor. Tours will resume after demos end. On-street parking for this event. Handicap accessible parking (limited spaces). –pending
- SUN., 12/6: VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS CANDLELIGHT TOURS OF THE MANOR: Special topic guided tours, hourly at 1, 2 or 3pm. Doors open for first tour at 12:45pm. –pending
- SUN., 12/13: VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS CANDLELIGHT TOURS OF THE MANOR: Special topic guided tours, hourly at 1, 2 or 3pm. Doors open for first tour at 12:45pm. –pending
Schedule is subject to change.
Cancellations will be posted on Facebook (@ShippenManor) and at our website: warrenparks.com/wcchc/events . Call the office at Shippen for more information about our events (908) 453-4381.
Admission is free to the Manor. We have family-centered activities and events during the season. Handicap accessible parking available on site (limited spaces). As per County of Warren Parks’ policies: no pets allowed inside of County museums, only trained service animals permitted. Food and drink are not permitted inside of the Manor. Smoking is not permitted on premises.